Want to find out more about any of the roles? Contact us for a chat with absolutely no obligation at this stage. Enquiries can be directed to:
- Michael Read, Group Scout Leader. e: firstname.lastname@example.org. m: 07811 159632.
To get you started, here are a few of the most common Q&As:
- How old do I have to be? Most of these roles are for over 18s only.
- Do I need insurance? All roles are fully insured.
- Do I need any special skills? You don’t need to be a Bear Grylls adventurer or a technical expert – full training and support is provided.
- Are you looking for any specific experience? We welcome those with specific expertise (eg. for maintenance roles) but we won’t ask you to maintain anything (e.g. the boats / minibuses / buildings) single-handedly. While we try to keep costs to a minimum, we do have budget for necessary items.
- How long do I have to sign-up for? Ideally people sign-up for a 2 – 4 year commitment, often while their children are at Batchworth. You are, however, welcome to stay for a longer or shorter period. This is not a ‘job for life’ situation!
- What’s it like at Batchworth? Here’s what our volunteers have to say …